- Express what is thought, felt and imagined
- Organise and convey facts, ideas and opinions effectively
- Demonstrate a varied vocabulary appropriate to the context
- Demonstrate an effective use of sentence structures
- Demonstrate an understanding of audience, purpose and form
- Demonstrate accuracy in spelling, punctuation and grammar.
As a developing writer yourself, you will be introduced to a range of writing skills, including the ability to create and compose texts with a variety of forms and purposes, e.g. descriptive, narrative, discursive, argumentative and persuasive. This study will include focus on the following text types: letter, report, article, journal, speech, interview and summary.