Child Care and Teaching Assistant Courses

Are you looking to study a childcare course or teaching course which will help you find nursery or childcare work? If you are interested in listening, communicating, and encouraging children, caring for children and babies and supporting parents or teachers, then you must see our courses!

Most people think of going into childcare because of their love for children. Childcare is a rewarding career, with no day the same. You will become part of a community helping children to learn, grow and develop.

Alongside our child care courses, we also offer teaching assistant courses. Our Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) course is very popular. If you would like more information on our teaching assistant courses online or our HLTA course, please contact us. If you are looking for an ideal first qualification to help you enter the school environment, we also offer supporting teaching and learning in schools course. This is a recognised qualification for existing or aspiring school staff.

Child Care and Teaching Courses

There are so many careers to choose from within the Education sector and our large choice of subjects will help you choose a career path that is right for you.

Child Care Level 3

Child Care
Level 3

Early Years Level 4 Course

Early Years
Level 4

Nursery Management Level 3 Course

Nursery Management
Level 3

NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Home Based Childcare

Award in Working in Homebased
Childcare Level 3

SEN Teaching Assistant Level 3 Course

SEN Teaching Assistant
Level 3

Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (RQF)

Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools Level 3

Child Psychology Level 3

Child Psychology
Level 3

Higher Level Teaching Assistant Course

Higher Level
Teaching Assistant

Nutrition For Young Children QLS Level 3

Nutrition for Young Children
Level 3

Special Educational Needs

Special Educational Needs
Level 3

Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools

Support Work in Schools
Level 2

Teaching Assistant Level 3

Teaching Assistant
Level 3

Early Years Level 3 Course

Early Years
Level 3

Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Teaching Assistants (RQF) Course

Level 4 Certificate for

CACHE Level 3 Award in Childcare and Education Course

Award Childcare & Education
Level 3

SEN Teaching Assistant Level 2 Course

SEN Teaching Assistant
Level 2

Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (RQF)

Award in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools Level 3

Understanding Autism Level 3

Understanding Autism
Level 3

Child Care & Teaching FAQs

Higher Level Teaching Assistants work across the curriculum, acting as specialist supporters for specific subjects, or helping to plan lessons and develop support materials.

They work closely with teachers, perfecting their role and allowing them time to develop each pupil to their potential.

Higher Level Teaching Assistant Status

In order to achieve HLTA Status, you must have the following in place:

  • You should already be a teaching assistant
  • The support of your school 
  • The support of your headteacher
  • Funding – the most common source of funding is the local authority or school.

You will also need to achieve a nationally recognised qualification at level 2 or above in English/literacy and maths/numeracy. Please see our Functional Skills courses which would be suitable.

Finally, you will need to complete your HLTA course covering all 33 TDA standards.

To become a registered childminder in England, you will need to register on one or both of the following registers:
  • The Early Years Register – it is compulsory to register on this if you will be caring for young children up to the age of five
  • The Childcare Register – this is compulsory if you are caring for children aged five to eight years old
The legal limit for the number of children you will be able to look after at any time is no more than six under the age of eight. The steps you will need to take in order to become a registered childminder in England are:
  1. DBS Check – You will need to apply for enhanced DBS checks
  2. First Aid Certificate – To be renewed every three years.  Please see our First Aid Course.
  3. Training – You will need to complete a childminder training course that is suitable.  Please see our Award in Working in Homebased Childcare Level 3
  4. Health declaration – You will need to complete a health declaration form.  Your doctor may charge a fee for this.
  5. References – As part of the application, you will be required to provide the contact details of two people who can provide references for you.  Your tutor may be able to help you with one of them.
  6. Apply for registration – You can apply to be on the Ofsted register for an annual fee of approximately £35
  7. Home Inspection – In order to be on the Early Years Register, Ofsted will contact you to arrange an inspection.
  8. Receive registration certificate
  9. Insurance – Once you are registered, you will need to obtain public liability insurance.  We can advise on some insurers to help you with this.
Once you have ticked off all the above points, you are good to go!

Have you ever just wanted to get your foot in the door with an educational establishment?  It could be that you are looking for an admin role or a support role within resources.

Our Support Work in Schools Level 2 course will demonstrate to employers that you have the necessary skills to work within a school environment.  You will not require a work placement for this course and you will gain an official qualification.

Teaching Assistants are taking on increasingly important roles and special needs teaching assistants help children with a wide range of learning, physical or behavioural difficulties.

That is why we have developed the SEN Teaching Assistant Level 3 course.

Your training doesn’t need to stop there if you don’t want it to. You could also progress onto a Higher Level Teaching Assistant.

What is your end goal?

With every course sold, we can offer you:

A Level

Not sure on your route?

If there is a specific job role you would love to apply for, please speak to us on chat or email us.  Our knowledgeable, friendly staff will be sure to point you in the right direction.

Let us help you achieve your dream career!